Baby Medicine Cabinet Must-Haves
My cousin just had her first baby! Since my wife is a pharmacist, we thought we would gift her all the essentials for a well-stocked baby medicine cabinet. All items easily purchased on Amazon!
12 Baby Medicine Cabinet Must-Haves
- Rectal thermometer – Taking your baby’s temperature rectally will give you the most accurate result. It’s the one your pediatrician will ask for if you call for advice!
- Saline Nasal drops – it helps loosen the mucus so that you can more easily suction it out
- Nose Frida – a nasal aspirator that actually works! It’s also superior to the bulb aspirators because you can better control the suction and you can actually clean it!
- Tylenol – to reduce pain/fever. Preferred to Motrin since it’s easier on the stomach.
- Motrin – to reduce pain/fever. Lasts longer than Tylenol. In the end, you should stock both since sometimes you’ll need to use both Tylenol and Motrin together for persistent high fevers.
- Anti-Gas drops
- Alcohol – to clean thermometers, tweezers, and scissors
- Hydrocortisone Ointment 1% – strength mild enough for babies. Use for dry, itchy skin or to treat bug bites.
- Aquaphor – soothes, protects and helps heal dry, irritated skin due to drooling, minor burns and abrasions
- Topical Antibiotic – Neosporin can be applied to scratches, cuts, or abrasions to prevent infection.
- Diaper rash cream – Desitin is tried and true
- Oral Syringes – essential to ensure that you’re giving your child the right amount of medicine, don’t drip, and are easy to direct into the mouth of a squirming baby