Santa Monica’s COAST Open Streets Festival
Back for its second year today, Santa Monica’s COAST Open Streets Festival marries the open streets event concept with a robust cultural festival. This year, the City of Santa Monica is programming even more live music, interactive art, and local food for the public’s pleasure. The route is two-miles long, making it easy to walk, bike, or skate throughout Santa Monica with great views of the Pacific along the way. For more info, visit www.smgov.net/coast
COAST is free and open to everyone. We encourage you to come out for a lively Sunday in Santa Monica.
Five Things You Shouldn’t Miss:
- All-string female Mariachi band Las Colibrí (Main St 10-12:30; Ocean 1:30-4)
- Hip-hop dance group Antics (COAST Stage, 1)
- Samba Reggae and Afro-Brazilian Dance (Ocean & Santa Monica, 11, 12)
- Kiel Johnson and ReDiscover Center build Dream Tree from repurposed materials (Sustainability Zone, 10-4)
- Twenty Minute Treks, guided tours from poets and historians (Ocean & Broadway, 11-4)The route is Ocean Ave from Wilshire south past City Hall, as well as all of Main Street to Pier Avenue.